Roseau, Dominica: Melissa Poponne Skerrit- Parliamentary Representative for Roseau Central Constituency invited the children to participate in her newly launched “Tennis- For Kids”. The initiative will be starting from April 26, 2023, with an aim to provide training in tennis to children free of cost.
Melissa Skerrit took to Facebook and called for the registration of the children. She stated that the initiative will help the children strengthen their professional, personal, and emotional skills. Highlighting the significance of sports, she said that sports work efficiently in the overall growth of the children, and the government of Dominica is on the drive to work on their growth.
She said that the initiative will work as a platform to uplift their skills in table tennis, make the physically and mentally strong and create a platform for their fun activities where they can enjoy their children openly and freely.
The training will be held for two days a week from April 26, 2023. The days are Wednesday and Saturday and it will start at 4 pm on Wednesday, while on Saturday it will start at 10 am. She also invited the parents to get their children registered as the spots are limited. .
She added, ”Children of the city, let’s have some fun in the sun. Come register today to secure your spot!! Learn from a professional and have some fun! Parents call asap! Spots are limited.”
Melissa Skerrit announced some guidelines for the sporting event which are as follows:
- The training will be provided by Coach Andrew Carter
- The event will be hosted at Stadium Forecourt so kids are invited to come to the stadium.
- The ages between 7 to 15 are only allowed to participate in sports activities.
- In order to register for the activity, people will have to visit Roseau Constituency Office in Dominica or they can call 440-4042.
- Melissa Skerrit announce that they will provide equipment and T-shirts for Tennis to every kid.