Roseau, Dominica: The Government of Dominica is in the process of operationalizing 15 innovation hubs across Dominica through the Caribbean Digital Transformation Project. The Roseau Valley Hub was recently commissioned and will provide services to residents of the Roseau Valley Constituency.
The Caribbean Digital Transformation Project of the Ministry of Public Works, Public Utilities and Digital Economy also hosted the Summer Tech Camp for High School Students.
The Camp started on July 10th at 9:00 am at various Innovation Hubs located across the Island. Students get an opportunity to attend training in Web Designing and Programming: JAVA.
The Camp starts on July 10th at 9:00am at the following Innovation Hubs:
• Vielle Case Innovation Hub located in the Vielle Case Resource Centre
• Newtown Innovation Hub and Coworking Space – Newtown Primary School
• Canefield Innovation Hub – Downstairs of the Canefield Urban Council
• Grandbay Innovation Hub located in the Grandbay Resource Centre
• Roseau Innovation Hub located at City Breeze Apt
• Roseau Valley Innovation Hub Located at the Roseau Valley Resource Centre
• Layou Innovation Hub located at the Layou Emergency Shelter
• Mahaut Innovation Hub located at the Mahaut Primary School
• St. Cyr. Innovation Hub located at the St. Cyr Resource Centre
• LaPlaine Innovation Hub located at the Jones Beaupierre Primary School
• CALLS – Centre where Adolescents Learn to Love and. Serve
Interested students can register for Web Designing and/or Programming: JAVA by visiting cardtp.gov.dm. The Summer Tech Camp aimed to provide a unique and immersive experience for young individuals in exploring the exciting world of technology and digital transformation.
This week, the Caribbean Digital Transformation Project Unit was busy unlocking the limitless possibilities of the digital world at the Dominica Grammar School’s Career Week.
Tuesday, May 23rd was ICT Day. This digital focus provided a glimpse into the world of ICT, Robotics & Programming. Along with our co-presenters Robotics Specialist – Kodie Jean-Jacques and Programmer Denzel Morancie, our Training & Grants Coordinator, Natasha Yeeloy-Labad presented on how to foster ICT into career planning.
Four lucky students were presented with digital devices and training tech opportunities with the CARDTP. Those lucky students will also be part of the Summer Tech Camp which has taken place from July 10th to August 23rd.