Islamabad (24 News Exclusive): The Panama Case verdict is expected today, and the Supreme Court is under the limelight for its expected decision. The scheduled announcement will take place at 2:00 pm today, and is expected to have far-reaching implications, reported 24 News HD.
Click to watch 24 News HD Live Feed:
02:00 PM: We are expecting the decision at any moment.
- Justice Asif Saeed Khosa is reading out the decision.
- Split decision in the bench by 3 votes for and 2 against.
- Panel says that the FIA and the NAB have not performed their duties as per requirement.
- Joint Investigation Team (JIT) to be established.
- Assistant Director of FIA to head the JIT.
- A new investigation to be launched. If PM or Hassan or Hussain Nawaz are found guilty, JIT must file reference against the PM.
- Dissent of 2 to 3. The PM has not gotten a clean chit.
- PML (N) supporters shout slogans in favor of PM.
- PM and his family are reported to be relieved about the decision.
Praise & glory be to Allah alone. Shukrana & mubariks 😍 pic.twitter.com/yM92bIJJoc
— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) April 20, 2017
01:40 PM: 20 minutes remain for the decision.
- Chairman PTI Imran Khan has reached the Supreme Court.
— @HafizZubairPak (@HafizZubairPak) April 20, 2017
01:30 PM: 30 minutes remain for the Supreme Court decision.
- #PanamaCase top trend on Twitter.
- Sheikh Rasheed reaches SC: ‘We shall fight till our graves against corruption.’
- Shah Mahmood Qureshi has also reached the SC.
01:00 PM: 1 hour remains until the Panama Case decision.
- The PM Nawaz Sharif will remain in the PM House during the Panama Decision.
- Chairman (PTI) Imran Khan will be reaching the Supreme Court in a few minutes.
- Talal Chaudhry: ‘Imran Khan needs to exercise his brain.’
- Gujranwala: Banners in support of Nawaz Sharif appear in various parts of the city.
- PSX 100 index fluctuates since morning, increases by 295 points in the last hour.
- JI Ameer Siraj ul Haq: ‘PM and his family are involved in offshore bank accounts and companies. If 5 – 6 thousand people have to go to jail for the sake of 20 million Pakistani’s than it is no big deal. Let me clarify, we don’t want advice from the apex court, we want a decision.’
- Abid Sher Ali: ‘Courts decide on evidence, not on newspaper cut-outs. Nawaz Sharif will be vindicated. Asif Ali Zardari deserves title of ‘world champion’ for corruption.’
- Shireen Mazari and Talal Chaudhry from the PTI have reached the Supreme Court as well.
12:00 PM: 2 hours remain in the historic Panama Case decision.
- PML (N) senior members Musaddiq Malik and Maryam Aurangzeb have been barred from entering the Supreme Court as they were not in possession of the Security Passes issued to relevant figures.
- Sheikh Rasheed: ‘Struggle is our middle name, today corruption will be eradicated. We are setting out to the SC, we would like to warn the people trying to subvert us that they will be given a befitting response.’
- The PM has been busy in his official work today, and has been in the PM House since morning.
- Due to non-existence of traffic plans, the public of Islamabad is facing traffic woes, there are long traffic jams in many parts of the federal capital.
- Faisalabad: Banners in support of PM Nawaz Sharif spring up in the city. Banner’s read: ‘Quaid tera aik ishara, Haazir haazir lahoo humara.’
11:00 AM: News reports indicate that banners in support of PTI and Chairman Imran Khan have appeared in different parts of Lahore city.
Panama case: Our journey for Insaf pic.twitter.com/mZI7HgKq8k
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) April 20, 2017
- Awami Muslim League (AML) leader and PTI ally Shiekh Rashid Ahmed met with party members at the historic Lal Haveli for breakfast.
- Shireen Mazari: Today is a crucial day in history of our country – will decide the fate of Justice vs corruption for yrs to come!
Today is a crucial day in history of our country – will decide the fate of Justice vs corruption for yrs to come!
— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) April 20, 2017
10:00 AM: The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leadership has been summoned to the Zardari House at 2 PM in anticipation of the Panama Case decision. The leadership will deliberate on the decision.
— SenatorSherryRehman (@sherryrehman) April 19, 2017
9:00 AM: The Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf has announced that 15 of its leaders would accompany Chairman Imran Khan to Supreme Court.
— PTI (@PTIofficial) April 19, 2017
7:00 AM: The Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif reached his office early today.